Sunday, July 4, 2010

domo going on new place

1. I moved to a new state, near the ocean. I have yet to hang out at the ocean, i think i just like to live near the ocean...not necessarily be in it. Plus i hate swimsuits, fluffy people shouldn't wear bikinis i think.

2. Things i dream about: being back in highschool, failing all my classes but not caring, and my brakes not working. I personally don't care for dreams, i just like the sleep portion of it all. Best dream i can remember is helping buffy the vampire slayer scoobies or when i went on a shopping spree and had toooonnss of money but alas woke up to nada.

3. New place, should warrant a new me right? Nah, i think my husband was right, every place is the same. Not really a bad thing, but the loner i have become just doesn't shake with age, despite my openness to meeting new people. And like i told my friends before i moved, "i'm still going to have diabetes where i move aren't I" (reference to all the hope and energy i put in to moving, don't get me wrong i like it here i'm just adjusting slowly and even more so alone then i have been in years, with no family or friends present, and my husband deploying ain't so great either)

4. Home may be where the heart is, in that case a little piece of it is in okinawa and now even ohio. But most of all home is really home wherever and whenever my husband is.

5. I don't understand why my apartment doesn't have a air conditioner, how else can i watch my fave shows in luxury coolness? I happen to love Prison Break, Lost, Law Order SVU, friends, how i met your mother, fear itself, veronica mars,and BTVS and ANGEL

6. My two teacup chihuahuas are little terrors, they are the only terrors i plan on having in my life. They are so cute though, especially when they greet me at the door or when they try to use their little legs to jump on the tall couch.

7. Eating- i am not eating good food right now, it seems whenever my hubby is around i can't help but eat fast food. We have tried cooking on our foreman grill (which is a big leap, from not cooking meat at all). I went on a garlic bread kick for a while, i love it so much. Basically i'm trying to just remember to take my medicine with the food i eat, yes i know you can gain weight, but it's better than not taking my medicine at all right?

8. Exercise- i love turbokick, turbojam, i WANT turbo fire. I did a turbo kick class last weekend, i worked out so hard (did two turbos in a row e.g. two two minutes of high intensity after working out for half hour), but then i ended up sleeping the whole weekend and being so sore that i ached when i reached out for stuff.

9. Medicine - i'm notrious for self medicating myself with insulin. People ask why would stop taking your medicine, well my depression is creeping back in (new place, new worries, new bills!!) and really diabetes is the last thing i want to worry about. For example this week we calculated our bills all wrong and have zero money for food or gas (thanks to mom for helping out till next pay day). I'm surprised my anxiety didn't kick in (i must be doing better since taking antidepressants, and having my hubby around, and taking some insulin because i remember one time i got a 500 dollar er bill and cried for an hour). Anyway, bad diabetes usually leads to bad infections and not so nice stuff. As much as i hate restarting my diabetes regimen, because i tend to oversleep which depresses me more and leads to overeating plus going from high sugars to even 200 makes me tired as heck, it did stop some of the infections and i'm trying my best to fix my sleep.

10. I don't want to work, but i'm going to have to start, i need something to keep me on schedule. I wish i could work at legoland and just build lego structures all day. Which reminds me, i really want to buy lego harry potter...

Little about me for the noobs: type 1 for three years now (happy diabetes anniversary to me, that strawberry cheesecake was delicious), i am currently using the omni pod which i do love but i hate to sleep on. I not your typical diabetic, heck i was making jokes about having one foot in the grave months after diagnoses (as waitress, i they always got a kick out of that i guess), I believe i am the kind of person that makes great first impressions but then when you get to know me i tend to make horrible second impressions. I am in no way shape or form the perfect diabetic, my gravestone will say "died from sugar." I tell people when i'm low please give me a mountain dew, ha! though i cannot condone eating so unhealthy (it's like i ever went to the store bought every reese peanut butter candy bar and sent them to my husband, ha i do support candy for troops), i do think having a treat once in while, or planning for sweets, or finding new alternatives to sweets (remainder to get recipes from gerri :). I judge not, and i prefer the term fluffy (points if you can guess what comedian that is). If you need a shoulder to cry on please add me as a friend, we can talk it over with some sugar free jello.

No comments:

Post a Comment